Saturday, August 21, 2010

Roasted Rosemary Veggies and Black Bean Burgers

For lunch today nothing sounded better than roasted veggies. It's probably evident by my other posts but I really enjoy simplicity when it comes to meals. Especially when it's in the middle of a really hot day, I just don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Oil up the bottom of a cookie sheet/cake pan/anything oven-worthy with a thin coat of olive oil. Slice up some of your favorite veggies, sprinkle some herbs and spices on top, and put it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or so. Easy -n- delicious!
I sprinkled some rosemary and thyme over potatoes, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, green pepper, and onion. Perfect!


I was feeling a little bit more ambitious for dinner tonight so I grabbed Veganomicon and decided to make the black bean burgers. I didn't have any vegan hamburger buns, so I made some of those too! I'll admit, I'm always a bit nervous when I put time and energy into making something I've never tried before... what if I hate it?! So far on my journey into the world of veganism I haven't made anything I've hated, in fact I've loved almost everything! These babies were no exceptions! SO good! If you don't have Veganomicon, I'd be willing to bet the recipe is somewhere online. It's definitely worth trying... even if you're not vegan.


I think I should add a list of the songs that make my time in the kitchen even more fun. I always have something playing while I'm in the kitchen. Silence freaks me out a little bit! ;)

"Oh, Goddamnit" -Hot Hot Heat
"Supermarket" -Iggy Pop feat. Green Day
"What a Wonderful World"- Joey Ramone
"Circle the Drain" -Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment